Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Lighten with Lemon..

The power of LEMON is great!    Today, I'm giving this Lemon Highlight Mist a try as I'm out slaving away in the hot sun...ok I've been reading my backlog of People magazines while my husband is working on the stone paver flower beds in the front.  In all fairness, today was the first day I spent time lounging in the sun.  It felt great! And, It really feels good whittling  down my stack of unread magazines.  It was cleaning. =)

On to my power of LEMON for the day.  I am blonde.  Like, scandinavian blonde.  I know that women spend A LOT of money getting my hair color.  I've been told by many stylists and was even snarked at by one when I said I've never died my hair.

The only thing I do every summer is use lemon water to accelerate the highlights that happen naturally by the sun.  Living in northern MN, I really only have 2 1/2 months of summer to soak up all the Vitamin D-Blonde-making goodness.

So today, I decided to try a new Lemon Highlight Mist using Lemon Essential Oil.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup water (I was thinking maybe coconut water or aloe water would be nice too, but didn't have any on hand.  Let me know if you try it)
  • Lemon Essential oil (let me know if you need help ordering)
Directions:
  • Add 1 drop of lemon essential oil (1 drop of Lemon EO = roughly 1 tsp lemon juice) to your 1/2 cup of water. 
  • Add your mixture to a glass spray bottle.
  • Mist on your hair and enjoy the afternoon in the sun....Make sure to wear sunscreen too!
For additional support add some grapefruit (5 drops) and rosemary (2 drops). These oils provide nourishment for your hair.
Have you tried this Lemon Highlight Mist?  I'd love to know how it turned out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment